The link below goes to my Youtube page where I have just posted a show reel of some of my work. This was created in After Effects, which I taught myself from scratch. Not bad for my first project using this software and will be looking at using After Effects more.
My 3D modelling theory assignment basically talks about the application of 3D, displaying 3D polygon animations, geometric theory, mesh construction, 3D development software and constraints of 3D modelling.
So, I’ve been working with Mudbox for my assignment recently and have started modelling the head of a horse. The entire project will be posted on the Friday of next week. This is basically another teaser…
Our task to create a believable, mechanical, digital 3D model to be used as a worthwhile asset in a computer game. We had to create a mech model that was positioned in a scene with suitable lighting and used appropriate textures.
As with all assignments, I had to start off with planning the project before progressing onto the modelling. This time, I chose to place more focus on the planning as I feel that the planning of previous assignments may have left something to be desired. As usual, I started off with a mood board. With this board, i was aiming to get across the fact that I have chosen to base my mech on a wolf. I also wanted to show the basic colour scheme and put the idea of metal across.
Our very first project using 3ds Max was to create a 3D scene suitable for use in a computer game. We had to show our ability to model objects, apply texture graphics and place lights. Before we could begin the modelling, we had to create a mood board. For those of you who don’t know, a mood board is a piece of artwork in itself that puts across a theme and can include things such as textures and colour schemes.
Hopefully, the mood board shows clearly that I am looking at creating a stable environment. In order to get the images to flow and merge together effectively, I researched for an online tutorial (http://www.digiretus.com/tippek/cikkiro.php?SORSZAM=32) that showed how to merge images together by adding a vector mask to the layer and using a black and white gradient to fade out some of the image as shown above in the ‘Layers’ panel.
While building my scene, I rendered individual assets and produced asset boards to show off the features. To add to the boards, I added into the background either a drawing or the texture attached to the asset.
After the individual renders, i could begin to put together boards that would show renders of my final scene. I put together one render board containing 4 renders and a A3 render of my final scene from the chosen angle.
If anyone is interested in finding out more about the project, I have an evaluation of my project including links to tutorials I used or the assignments brief which are available on request. you can either message me here or email me on firstname.lastname@example.org